Spring is finally here! Let’s celebrate the warmer weather, by putting our essential oils to good use.
Below you’ll find more than 50 spring essential oil recipes. There are spring diffuser blends, spring room sprays, DIY bug sprays, seasonal allergy remedies, rollerball recipes, scented hand soaps, natural sunscreen, and all kinds of natural, non-toxic spring cleaning recipes.
Most of the recipes have free printables with them, so read on, use those essential oils, and have fun!
1) Spring Diffuser Blend Recipes
click here for 15 favorite spring diffuser blend recipes — you’ll find “mojito” diffuser blend with fresh citrus and spearmint notes, “breathe easy” blend to help ease congestion, “bring on spring”, and a dozen other of my favorites. Plus there’s a free printable sheet of all the diffuser recipes.
2) Spring Room Sprays (aka homemade air fresheners)
You can convert any of the above spring diffuser blends into a room spray by …
- starting with an 8 oz spray bottle
- add 1 oz witch hazel
- fill the rest of the bottle with distilled water
- add 20-25 drops essential oil (that’s 4 times the # of drops in the diffuser blends – click here for spring diffuser recipes)
- shake well to mix
- spray around room to bring the fresh scent of spring inside
3) Seasonal Allergies
Here are a few essential oil recipes that help my family breathe easier this time of year:
4) Homemade Headache Balm (recipe here)
Here in Kansas, the weather in the springtime can go from hot to cold and back to hot a few times in any given week. Those big temperature swings wreak havoc with my sinuses. So I’m very thankful to have this handy homemade headache balm. A little dab rubbed into my temples and the back of my neck, and headache is gone.
5) Keep Bugs Away
Before moving to Kansas, we lived in Minnesota, home of 10,000 lakes and zillions and zillions of mosquitos. So we got used to fighting bugs and figuring what works to keep those little guys away. Here are my tried-and-tested natural bug repellents.
6) DIY Linen Spray in Spring Scents
Freshen up your spring clothes that you pulled out of storage or just from back of the closet with this DIY linen spray.
It’s a great way to naturally refresh clothes, drapes, and upholstered furniture with clean, spring scents.
7) Spring Cleaning Recipes
use the natural power of essential oils to get your home deep clean this spring
8) Gardener’s Hands
Spring means gardening, and gardening means hands that need a little extra TLC.
First, get hands clean and extra soft with these adorable exfoliating handscrub hearts (recipe here).
Then, soften & nourish hands with my favorite super rich & creamy dry hand lotion (recipe here).
9) DIY Hand Soap in Spring Scents
10) Bring on the Sun
Whether it’s a spring break trip to the beach or just some warmer weather at home, give these essential oil recipes a try.
11) Deodorize and Freshen Your Home with the Change of Seasons
- click here for trashcan spray
- refrigerator or closet freshener — add a few drops of lemon essential oil to about 1/2 cup of baking soda in a small mason jar. Cover with tulle or an open weave fabric and place jar at the back of fridge. Baking soda and lemon essential oil will absorb any bad food odors and freshen the fridge.
- Have you tried making a gel air freshener? These are incredibly simple to make. It’s just polymer absorbent crystals (like these), water, and essential oils. Couldn’t be easier. Find the recipe here from Shaken Together Life
12) Make Your Own Diffuser