This one homemade floor cleaner is all you need for all the floors in your house. It works great as a hardwood floor cleaner, laminate floor cleaner, tile floor cleaner, vinyl floor cleaner and even linoleum floor cleaner. It works great on grease spots and food spills in the kitchen. It works great on dirty bathroom floors, dusty living room floors, and whatever got brought in from outside on the foyer floor. One cleaner for every floor, what’s not to love about that?!
Plus it’s super easy to whip up a batch. There are only 3 simple ingredients. Just pour into a bottle and you’re done.
And it’s really easy to use. Add 2 Tbsp to hot water and you’re ready to mop. You’ll have sparkly clean floors in no time, but this floor cleaner doesn’t leave any residue. You don’t even need to rinse!
Best of all- it really works. Hardwood is spotless, laminate is streak-free, tile sparkles, and vinyl shines.
And of course, like all of my recipes, this floor cleaner is natural, non-toxic, and made with the goodness of essential oils.
How to make homemade floor cleaner with essential oils
step 1: to a 24 ounce or larger bottle add 2 cups of distilled water (or you can substitute boiled and cooled tap water)
step 2: add 1 cup unscented liquid Castile soap
step 3: add 50 drops pine essential oil and 30 drops cypress essential oil
note: this essential oil blend makes a great smelling and hard working floor cleaner, but you can substitute with other essential oils. Orange, lemon, and grapefruit all work well or try your favorites.
step 4 (optional): add a free-printable label to your bottle
- Wipe your bottle down with a little rubbing alcohol to make sure it’s completely clean and the label will stick to it well
- Print out the recipe and label here
- You can print the label on either full sheet label paper or plain printer paper
- If you print on regular print paper, then cut it out and lay the label face down on packing tape. Use the packing tape to adhere the paper label to the bottle.
Here’s the homemade floor cleaner recipe one more time
- to a 24 ounce or larger bottle add 2 cups of distilled water
- add 1 cup unscented liquid Castile soap
- add 50 drops pine essential oil and 30 drops cypress essential oil
- add a free-printable label to your bottle
This recipe yields 3 cups of floor cleaner, enough to clean your floors 24 times. One batch usually lasts me several months.
If you don’t need that much, you can easily cut this recipe in half. For a half batch: mix 1 cup water, 1/2 cup unscented Castile soap, 25 drops pine essential oil, and 15 drops cypress essential oil.
How to use your homemade floor cleaner
- add 1 gallon of hot water to mop bucket (tip: be sure to add the water first so that soap doesn’t bubble up too much)
- add 2 Tbsp floor cleaner to the water
- mix well
- mop floor or wash floor by hand- this one floor cleaner works well for all types of floors (hardwood, laminate, tile, and vinyl). It doesn’t leave any residue, so there’s no need to rinse. Yay!
Where to get supplies?
This website contains affiliate links. This means that should you click on certain links, and then subsequently purchase a product, I will receive a small commission. The price is exactly the same for you as it would be without the affiliate link.
unscented liquid Castile soap- here’s what I use. You can get this from Amazon or many local stores are starting to carry it as well. Just be sure to get the unscented kind.
24 oz of larger bottle – I got my glass bottle at Target’s dollar spot, but you can use any glass, plastic #1 PET, or plastic #2 HDPE bottle or container for your floor cleaner.
free printable label – click here
here are a few other essential oil posts that I think you’ll like:
Please join us…
Please note: Products mentioned in this article have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products and information on this page are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This website is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your medical doctor regarding your medical care. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Disclaimer: Please know that this website contains affiliate links. This means that should you click on certain links, and then subsequently purchase a product, I will receive a small commission. The price is exactly the same for you as it would be without the affiliate link. Thank you for supporting me in this way.