2 ingredients and water is all you need to make this homemade stinky shoe spray.
With it being so simple to make, you could think that it might not work that well.
But it works as well (or better) than any store-bought shoe deodorizer that I’ve ever tried!
Here’s why it makes even the smelliest shoes smell fresh and clean again — it’s a powerful deodorizer, disinfectant, antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antifungal.
And it couldn’t be easier to use.
Knock shoe and foot odor out with a couple quick sprays of this all-natural powerhouse.
What’s in this homemade stinky shoe spray?
witch hazel – helps get rid of foot and shoe odor due to its antimicrobial and antibacterial properties
distilled water – very inexpensive way to dilute the spray and make it last longer (if you’d like you can omit the water and use double the amount of witch hazel instead)
essential oils – smell great, deodorize, and clean due to their antimicrobial, antibacterial, and antifungal properties
Be sure to click here get your free printable stinky shoe spray labels and recipe cards. Feel free to use these printables yourself, share them with your team, or use them as handouts for a make & take class. Printable has three pages, so that you can print exactly what you need.
- 1st page – 1 bottle label & 1 recipe card (print this page if you just want to make shoe spray for yourself)
- 2nd page – 12 stinky shoe spray labels (print this page if you want to share labels at a Make & Take class)
- 3rd page – 4 recipe cards (print as many copies of this page as you need for a Make & Take class)
How to Make Shoe Deodorizer Spray?
step 1: start with a 2.7 oz spray bottle like this
fill bottle halfway with unscented witch hazel
step 2: fill bottle most of the rest of the way full with distilled water (or substitute with boiled and cooled tap water)
tip: be sure to leave a little room at the top for the essential oils and the sprayer
step 3: add the following essential oils
6 drops peppermint essential oil
4 drops tea tree (melaleuca) essential oil
2 drops eucalyptus essential oil
1 drop thyme essential oil
step 4: put on the spray top and shake bottle well
step 5: print out free labels (get them here)
step 6: cut out label
step 7: put label face down on packing tape
step 8: adhere label to bottle
Here’s the Essential Oil Shoe Spray Recipe One More Time
- start with a 2.7 oz spray bottle like this
- fill bottle halfway with unscented witch hazel
- fill bottle most of the rest of the way full with distilled water
- add the following essential oils
- 6 drops peppermint essential oil
- 4 drops tea tree (melaleuca) essential oil
- 2 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 1 drop thyme essential oil
- put on the spray top and shake bottle well
How to Use the Deodorizing Shoe Spray
- Shake well before each use
- Lightly spray in inside of shoes, making sure to spray into the toe box of the shoe (lots of germs and odors in there!)
- Let shoes dry before wearing
- tip: for really smelly shoes, spray shoes wells and then put shoes into a sealed bag or container overnight
- tip: this deodorizing spray is also great for stinky, smelling sports gear – knee pads, shin guards, gym bags, yoga mats, and more.
Where to get supplies?
distilled water – in the bottled water section at grocery store
witch hazel – I get mine here
2.7 oz spray bottle – I get mine here
If you liked this post, here are a few other essential oil posts that I think you’ll like:
Please join us…
Please note: Products mentioned in this article have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products and information on this page are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This website is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your medical doctor regarding your medical care. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Disclaimer: Please know that this website contains affiliate links. This means that should you click on certain links, and then subsequently purchase a product, I will receive a small commission. The price is exactly the same for you as it would be without the affiliate link. Thank you for supporting me in this way.