Homemade Laundry Soap
Natural powder laundry detergent made with essential oils
tip: Not a fan of lemon scented laundry? You can use one of these other essential oils or essential oil blends instead.
- 50 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops lime + 10 drops grapefruit + 10 drops sweet orange + 10 drops lavender + 5 drops basil
- 15 drops sweet orange + 10 drops grapefruit + 10 drops lemon + 10 drops tangerine + 5 drops wintergreen
- 30 drops lemon + 15 drops lavender
- 20 drops lavender + 20 drops lime + 8 drops spearmint
- 20 drops cypress +15 drops tangerine + 102 drops lime + 5 drops bergamot
- 15 drops lemon + 20 drops lavender + 15 drops bergamot
- 30 drops lemon + 7 drops basil + 10 drops spearmint
- 25 drops eucalyptus + 25 drops spearmint
- 17 drops sweet orange + 17 drops bergamot + 17 drops lemon
How to use
- use 2 tablespoons for HE (high efficiency) front-loading washing machines or 1/4 cup for traditional top-loading machines
- IMPORTANT --> use in hot water cycle so that the soap flakes dissolve completely. tip: if you need to wash a load in cold or warm water, first dissolve this laundry soap in hot water to dissolve the soap flakes and then add that liquid to your machine. That allows you to adjust this laundry powder to work well at all temperatures.
- yields: 63 loads in HE machines, 31 loads in top-loading machines
- tip: These are amounts for average size loads. If you have a small load, use a little less. If you have a large load, use a little more.